Sunday, June 24, 2007

COLBERT REPORT

I just recently started watching this show and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart- both on Comedy Central on Monday through Thursday nights. Stephen Colbert is freaking hilarious! One of my favorite parts on one the shows recently:

Stephen Colbert: Speaking of immigration, folks, everyone’s talking about this new immigration bill. And I think it is just a mess. Look at this thing. [Colbert slams down huge stack of paper on his desk] Do they get paid by the pound? If they’d let me write this bill, here’s what it would have looked like. [Colbert holds up Post-It note that reads ‘GET OUT’]”

I was laughing so hard when I saw that- I was gasping for air. I can't believe I had been missing out on this show before. So now it goes on the list of all the shows that I record with the DVR. But this is one of the shows that I definitely watch before the evil DVR has to make room for other recordings.

There was also a great part of last night's show- an interview with Rep. Adam Smith of Washington State’s Ninth District. Colbert ask him if he knows about any new classified technologies. “I can’t discuss it. If I told you that this doesn’t exist, then you ask me what does exist, then I’d be stuck.” The biggest twist came when Colbert asked Smith about serving as chair of the Terrorism Unconventional Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee on the House Armed Services Committee. Colbert wanted to know if Smith could confirm or deny the existence of any classified technologies, to which Smith said no.

Colbert: “What about shrink rays?

Smith: “I can’t tell you.”

Colbert: “You will not confirm or deny the existence of military shrink rays.”

Smith: “I will not.”

Colbert did an end-around on Smith.

Colbert: “What about this? You supported legislation to allow time travel between the United States and Cuba. Why?”

Smith: “I supported legislation to allow TRAVEL between the United States and Cuba.”

Colbert: “Are you opposing time travel?”

Smith: “I’m saying time travel, as we know it right now, is not possible.”

Colbert: “So you’re willing to admit the United States does not have time travel.”

Smith paused, knowing he had just been sucked in.

“You’re good,” Smith said smiling and pointing at Colbert.


Colbert is awesome!

1 comment:

The Super Sweet Atheist said...

I love Colbert as well, but my husband thinks he's serious. LOL! Right now I'm taking a break from his crazy humor since I've been watching him nonstop for over 1.5 years.

I never get tired of Jon Stewart. He rocks!

Summer